Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) is long-chain polyunsaturated Omega-3 fatty acids abundant in seafood and other marine products such as oils from fish, krill and algae. Humans can only synthesize fatty acids at a slow rate. DHA can support health in every stage of life from conception and early life development through chronic diseases to frailty. Moreover, they are recognized to reduce cardiovascular risk.
Omega-3 fatty acids are important structural components of the phospholipid cell membranes of the tissues. The composition of the phospholipids influences the characteristics of the cell membrane as fluidity and permeability to other molecules. DHA is one of the major PUFAs in the brain, nervous tissue and retina. DHA is essential for the visual process in the retina and for proper brain functioning.
- DHA contributes to maintenance of normal brain function.
- DHA contributes to the maintenance of normal blood triglyceride levels.
- DHA contributes to the maintenance of normal vision.
- DHA intake contributes to the normal visual development of infants up to 12 months of age.
- DHA maternal intake contributes to the normal brain development of the foetus and breastfed infants.
- DHA maternal intake contributes to the normal development of the eye of the foetus and breastfed infants.
Form: Powder form product, made from nutritional oil derived from the algae.
Appearance: Dry powder
Color: White or light yellow
Taste & Odor: Characteristic, no other peculiar taste and smell.
Applications – DHA powder Gangwal: Dietary supplements
DHA Powder available in conc. of 10%, 20% and 30% w/w. DHA powder particularly suitable for use in dietary
supplements and nutraceutical formulations, also in multivitamin/ mineral tablets and DHA tablets, as well as
hard gelatin capsules and sachet formulations due to its excellent bulk density and flow properties.
Stability: The product is stabilized with Tocopherol and Sodium ascorbate. The stability of DHA 10%, 20% and 30% powder is excellent even in the presence of minerals and other vitamins. DHA powder 30% w/w is suitable for compression as well. 6 Months stability data available.
Storage/Handling: The product is sensitive to oxygen, light, heat, and moisture and should therefore be stored in the tightly sealed
original packaging at room temperature in a dry and dark place.
Country of Origin: India