Solvostar – Sodium Starch Glycolate (SSG) is widely used in oral pharmaceuticals as a disintegrant in tablet and capsule formulations. It is commonly used in tablets prepared by either direct-compression or wet-granulation processes. Starch is chemically modified by the introduction of carboxy methyl groups and phosphate groups to provide cross-linking. The usual concentration of Solvostar employed in a formulation is between 2% to 8%, with the optimum concentration about 4%, although in many cases 2% is sufficient.
Advantages over overseas product:
- Cost benefit over overseas product.
- No need to maintain big inventory. Our product can be delivered to your site within a week unlike overseas manufacturer.
- Easy to access our manufacturing site and less expenses on compliance (Audit, site visit etc) unlike overseas manufacturer.
- Customized grade can be provided as per costumer’s in-house specification
Vocal for Local: Make in India Product
- Solvostar is manufactured at WHO GMP and ISO certified facility.
- Pharmacopoeia conformity: Solvostar (Sodium Starch Glycolate- Type A) available in USP, BP, IP, JP and Ph. Eur.
- Ready tech pack in line with regulatory requirement.
- Sodium Starch Glycolate is also included in Inactive Ingredient database (IIG) of USFDA for Tablet, Capsule, Pellets, Suspension formulations.
- Our manufacturing unit is approved by WHO-GMP and ISO 9001 : 2008
- Solvostar is having open part Type IV DMF.